Post Divorce Modification The Key to Effective Representation is Listening

Birmingham Post Divorce Modification Lawyers

Finding Solutions for Changing Circumstances

Although divorcing couples are careful to craft an agreement regarding child custody and child support, situations change over time. In some cases, a change in circumstance may require a modification to a divorce agreement. At Thomas Logan Davis, Attorneys at Law, LLC, our post-divorce modification attorneys in Birmingham assist clients in making a legal change to court orders.

Call (205) 512-3331 to determine if modifying your divorce agreement is possible.

Modifying Divorce Agreements

Modifications are usually made for a few different reasons. The issue could be visitation or parenting time, or you may need to make an adjustment to child support. For example, relocation of either parent for a job or another reason, may necessitate a change in visitation and possibly child support. Because each situation is unique, it is best to seek advice from an experienced attorney for your circumstances.

Common reasons for post-divorce modifications include:

  • An increase in parenting time
  • A decrease in parenting time
  • One spouse has an increase or decrease in income
  • Job loss
  • Another change in financial needs or circumstances

When spouses are able to come to an agreement regarding the change, going to court may not be necessary. Our Birmingham post-divorce modification lawyers offer mediation services to help modify agreements after a divorce. When returning to court is necessary, you can rely on our attorneys for the experience needed to effectively advocate on your behalf.

Contempt of Court

You should not make any changes to child support payments or other responsibilities until you have come to a post-divorce modification agreement. Failing to comply with the existing court order could leave you at risk of being found in contempt of court. This can include failing to transfer property to the other spouse, pay child support, or adhere to the custody and visitation provisions. If you have been found in contempt of court, our lawyers can represent you in contempt proceedings.

For more information about post-divorce modifications, call (205) 512-3331 for a free consultation.

What Sets Us Apart?

  • Exceptional Client Service and Representation
  • There to Guide You Through the Entire Process
  • Constant Communication With Your Attorney
  • Over a Decade of Experience

Take The Next Step

Request Your Free Consultation
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • About Town Magazine - Best Birmingham Attorney
  • Superlawyers
  • ASLA
  • NADC - Top One Percent
  • AVVO Clients Choice
  • American Institute of Family Law Attorneys - 10 Best
  • 10.0 Superb AVVO Rating